Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012

I am all over the place musically....tomorrow will be playing with another guitarist and a keyboard player to benefit the 40 Days of Life prolife movement.

Today, worked on guitar as well as piano stuff.

Guitar-wise, worked on learning the major scale in two different positions. Learned about lead stuff on a guitar forum, too.

Piano-wise, I just don't know what the heck I'm into these days *sigh*
Been into Sudnow stuff again today....worked on the West Side Story song, I think its called "Somewhere." Just don't know where I'm going with the piano...its complicated...I like playing songs the Sudnow way, but I seem to forget them too easily...been thinking of memorizing chord/note clusters or stride voicings to have the stuff in my hands quickly, but as Charlie Brown would say....maybe I'll just flap my arms and fly to the moon too!

No comments: