Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4, 2012

I'll be practicing today, so I'll add more to this post as the day progresses.....

However, did a little thinking this morning.....I wonder if it's possible (or just asking too much)to merge the Sundow and Moody systems in the following way(s): I wonder if it's feasible to memorize selected Sudnow clusters for Major Chords and/or Minors, and use Moody clusters for notes associated with other chords..... My thinking is that there might then be some dissonance, but in a more measured way....
It would entail a lot of memorizing!
Just an idea.........

Worked today on adding a cluster, and "Edelweiss" and "When You Wish Upon a Star."

Last notes for the day:
Played some songs and the dissonance got on my nerves again. Again was thinking of going to the Swain material.... But then it happened....

I played Over the Rainbow, and even a slow version of the Rocky Theme mostly by ear! I say "mostly by ear" because I did cheat by writing out the notes, but I liked it. Actually playing a real song "mostly by ear!" Now don't get me wrong, the sound was messy but I like it!

This is a major deal for me because I usually play the I, IV, V chords in most all other stuff I've previously played by ear.

A significant day!

The more I practice playing clusters, the quicker I can make the changes from cluster to cluster, and the more clusters I learn, the more sound options I have...

No comments: