Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 6, 2013

Went to visit dad today with my wife and kids; also met my brother and my mom's sister there. A really nice family day culminating in a Mass for mom. Was nostalgic and sad being in my hometown Church with so many memories there. 

I have been communicating with fellow Robert Conti learners about my use of the Assembly Line book. Apparently I'm to focus less on rote memorization of melody note / chord combinations and focus more on playing them in songs. So much like the Sudnow piano learning philosophy. Learn by doing on the instrument rather than learning by memorization.

 Oh yea, another thing that I've neglected doing in utilizing the Assembly Line book: WATCHING IT'S ACCOMPANYING FOUR HOUR DVD ! ! ! ! You would think that I would have assumed that it might be imortant!

Started learning the diminished forms today.

No comments: