Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rolling Stones / Assembly Line

Is there a better rock and roll band than the Rolling Stones? I think not. Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For the Devil, Honky Tonk Woman.....the whole Exile on Main Street album is what rock and roll is all about. The grooves of Slave, Hot Stuff, Fingerprint File.... I differentiate rock music (Led Zeppelin / The Who) from rock and roll (the Stones, Chuck Berry), and no other band rock and rolls like the Stones. Jagger's voice is the voice of rock and roll, and his lyrics are the best r&r lyrics. Richards is the king of the rock and roll riff. Great stuff!

Had an opportunity to rejoin a rock and roll band that I left awhile ago, and though it was tempting, I'm more interested in chord melody guitar stuff. The Stones rocking in their 70's is a lot cooler than me rocking in my 50's! 

On page 14 of the Assembly Line book.

No comments: