Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Music

Played some nice stuff in the car tonight. Springsteen rarities: "Sad Eyes," "The Iceman." Also heard Elton John's "Levon" and loved it: imagery of a father and a son :::: me and my dad; me and my son....
Thinking my dad was thinking of me, that I "shall be a good man." 
Practiced a little piano tonight. Surprised I practiced at all. I originally was going to skip it, but found some enjoyment there.
Listening to songs makes me want to create my own. 
A friend may sell me his Martin guitar. We'll see. It's a D35. Probably way out of my price range but I really don't care that much. If I love it I just might get it. This being the friend who sold me his Les Paul, I bet he'd accept the 'extended payment plan' that I used in buying the Gibson.
Practice tomorrow night for Easter Masses. My big song will be the Springsteen version of "Oh Mary Don't You Weep," with singers, a sax player, and other band members. Playing a country club gig this Saturday.

No comments: