Saturday, April 22, 2017

Piano

Worked on major chord inversions today.
So what's it going to be? Am I in the long haul with these lessons or what? I think so. Still get that mental block of 'I'm never going to get thIs," or "stick to guitar and just have fun with it." So the piano learning is yes, work work, wirk. What if I give the lessons a year and assess where I am then? I'll have less money, but I'll have more knowledge of where I am musically. Now I can leave the lessons and buy another toy (an acoustic guitar) with the money I would have spent on lessons, but I don't think that would help me progress musically. I already have an acoustic guitar! It may not be anywhere near a Martin, but what skills will I have on a Martin that I wouldn't have with the guitar I have now??
I'm sticking with the piano lessons and I'm just going to try to trust the process while I just focus on the work.

No comments: