Thursday, April 23, 2015

SUDNOW'S MISTY COMPLETED: TOOK 15 DAYS

• Rode exercise bike for 1/2 hour and diet went well today.
• Thinking of working on The Sudnow Method for piano as a priority, but using Robert Conti's "Ticket to Improv" for guitar also. Might be stretching myself too thin, though, trying to do both.
• Continue to work on Sudnow's MISTY and some scale stuff. With regards to scales, it would be great if I felt equally confident with all of the major scales. Played around alittle playing "MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB" by ear using the idea of the scale. UPDATE: Actually finished learning MISTY though of course it needs polishing. 
• Will be playing a number of songs tomorrow for our Church music event.  I'm on guitar and lead vocals on PINK CADILLAC, UNDER THE BOARDWALK, and I SAW HER STANDING THERE. I'm playing guitar and adding background vocals on I WANT YOU BACK. I'll be just playing guitar on LA BAMBA and THE NEARNESS OF YOU. 
• Continued to read "Just Being at the Piano" by Mildred Portney Chase, and added material to a previous post about her book.

No comments: