Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The April 2016 Challenge is On!

• Off day from diet and exercise. No biggie. Will be back on track tomorrow.
• Was a decision day for me today regarding if I will use the Sudnow Method or what I'm calling the Harrison Method (actually using mostly THE POP PIANO BOOK by Mark Harrison) to learn piano. Played around with both methods today, and the Harrison Method won out.
• Started today with learning some first inversion major chords from the Harrison book. I like his method of teaching them. 

So here is what I'll call "The April 2016 Challenge":

Focus on the Harrison book and possibly related supplemental material from today until April 28, 2016. Completely turn off any unhelpful assessments of progress until April 28, 2016. The only requirement is to do my best to just practice at least a solid 1/2 hour a day. Only on April 28, 2016 can I reasses how I'm doing. Between now and then just focus on learning and not unhelpful self-criticism. That's it. 
• From a guitar standpoint, although not a formal part of the April 2016 Challenge, I'd like to continue improvising using the Mark Silver book: "CONTEMPORARY GUITAR IMPROVISATION." It was fun.  
• Considering seeing Paul McCartney in concert.

No comments: