Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sudnow

• Played no musical instruments today. However, went with the family to my aunt's 90th birthday party today. Was a really nice time seeing family. A little bittersweet ... Since I did not drive, I had a chance to start some of my old readings of Sudnow's course. What stands out the most is: turn off assessment of progress!!!! Just practice. Carefully. Thoughtfully. 
• Moved my exercise bike to a place where hopefully it won't wake up my family tomorrow. Back to the diet and exercise tomorrow.
• I'm thinking of the importance of attitude and perseverance in this journey of learning the piano. Regarding this perhaps a little arrogance is in order ("I have something to say musically and ain't nothing going to get in my way. And no more focusing on criticizing my play or assessing progress.")

No comments: