Saturday, April 25, 2015

Started "AS TIME GOES BY"

• Rode the exercise bike for an hour this morning. Felt good. What helped was that I set up a little speaker system to play music so it sounds louder than when I used to ride the bike and just listen to music out of my iPhone speaker during exercise.
• Here I sit waiting for my car to be inspected. Always a worry how much money that will end up being. To pass the time, I brought the book "AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' (The Story of Fats Waller), by Ed Kirkeby. Conclusion of inspection that cost wasn't too much at all, thankfully.
• Continued to work on MISTY and it needs work. Unfortunately I didn't follow Sudnow's practice recommendations in learning it; I guess I should have. Tried to record it; did not get a decent "take." Reinforced, therefore, that Sudnow's practice recommendations be followed.
• Did a little melody hunting and pecking and yes the major scale is interestingly involved.
• Started working on Sudnow's arrangement of "AS TIME GOES BY." Interesting starting a song in that at first it seems daunting and the internal critic peeks in, but it turns out ok.

"FRANKENSTEIN" (A STILL FOR PUBLICITY) 1931


No comments: