Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bobby Fisher Teaches Chess

A long, long time ago, I completed a book called, "Bobby Fisher Teaches Chess." Now you would think after completing a book like that, my chess game would improve, correct? Well it did not. Reason? I read the book, but did not INTERNALIZE the book. I read words, and looked at diagrams, but did not study it.

Reminds me of how I do NOT want to go through "The Assembly Line" book. I could get through it faster if I just did the exercises with little attempts to integrate the material, but I really want to learn this stuff.

Worked a bit in the book today (I'm up to Lesson 10) but mostly worked on organizing my flashcard system. The book has 24 lessons, and then concludes with an arrangement of "Danny Boy." There is then more supplemental material that can be learned.

No comments: