Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday

Played two songs with the band tonight as part of a benefit featuring a number of musical presentations. We did well. A couple of highlights for me was some music that featured some beautiful violins. Was really cool that our singer whose father recently died joined us for one of the two songs.

Got a little plan in mind. Will continue learning Assembly Line stuff. But I think I'm going to put Ticket to Improv away at least for now. I like learning leads from the "How I Learned" book: the explanations seem pretty cool, I can always use these leads in jazzy tunes, and it gives me a chance to keep my feet wet in Gypsy Jazz. 

Got a chance today to work a bit from that book today. Will also start working on an Assembly Line chord melody arrangement of "Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel" to play in what may turn out to be a duet with my friend who will play harp for an Advent and/or Christmas Mass(es).

No comments: