Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Poor Butterfly

Got a music instrument catalog today....so much cool stuff...

Worked on the usual stuff today. I think I'm going to drop the country Western swing book for now. Maybe I'll just use it as supplementary stuff when and if the mood strikes.

Working on the Charlie Christian "Poor Butterfly" solo, and although it's short, it's taking some time. Wanting to understand and internalize the Charlie Christian stuff as much as possible. What's challenging to me at this time with this stuff (in addition to learning the solos) is learning how he creatively utilizes chord shapes, and seemingly takes liberties with some notes outside the forms.

Trying to sell me Epiphone Sheraton II. I really like it, but it's a bit too heavy. I'm liking the Epiphone ES 339 Pro.

No comments: