Friday, March 7, 2014

Rehearsal, and Rock & Roll

Had a band rehearsal tonight, and wasn't the best. I didn't like the way my guitar sounded (but it was being played through a friend's amp). My repertoire of my three chord melody songs was uninspiring. Didn't have fun playing them. 

What was really fun, believe it or not, was playing the Johnny Rivers version of "Memphis." Playing rock and roll is the most fun I have playing. So I wonder where that leaves me. 

I struggle with chord melodies. I struggle with lead playing. I struggle with jazz leads. One of my strengths is playing rhythm. But I shine on rock and roll. 

Peggy Sue. Memphis. Johnny B. Goode. All that stuff. So maybe I should just get a telecaster and do rock and roll and rockabilly.

Guitar back up for sale. Confused as to what musical road to take with my guitar.

No comments: