Friday, February 17, 2017

Piano!

A little musical soul searching went on recently. Decided to switch back to the guitar. But then it happened. Instraed of practicing the guitar, I went right to my piano and practiced a good deal there.

To what extent should I stick with what is more comfortable (guitar) and learn more there? Or should I really stretch myself into more more uncomfortable territory (piano)?

I think the answer (for today, anyway), is focusing my time on what I love best regardless of my ability there. So I'm sticking with the piano still, and my utilization of the Caruso Book. I trust that a very careful and patient utilization of this method will get me a lot closer eventually to where I want to be.

The SOUNDS are what are important to me. The SOUNDS of the piano really touch my soul at this part of my life more so than the sounds of the guitar. The SOUND of a piano playing a song really gets me more the sound of a guitar playing even the same notes to the song. 

Decision made. Will carry on!


No comments: