Sunday, May 21, 2017

"The Inner Game of Music"

Reading a book that is very timely for me: "The Inner Game of Music" by Barry Green with W. Timothy Gallwey. I probably talked about it somewhere else in this blog because I started it before. It's about how we sabotage our experiences with music by having attitudes and distractions that get in the way.

That couldn't be more timely a read for me than now. Being bombarded by negativity with regarding my piano journey. And that's nothing new! 

Relatedly, I'm beginning to think that perhaps another contributor to my negativity is feelings of guilt regarding the money bring paid for lessons. Did a little questioning to see if there might be another teacher out there, so we'll see how that goes. 

Oh yea, I did practice today. Questioning how much is actually "sinking in," though...

No comments: