Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday / ChangeDay

Looks like I'm going to be changing piano teachers to learn from an old friend of mine. He is an amazing piano player. His fee will be less than my current teacher. 
Now in the mid 1980's sometime, I took some piano lessons from the guy that taught my friend. I liked the way he taught. So hopefully the methods he used will be used to teach me. 
The original guy has since died. I remember him telling me that he had played with Benny Goodman! Also, this original teacher had perfect pitch, and it used to drive him up the wall when he heard a piano out of tune.
I did continue my invetsion practice today. I'm still hoping to learn how to play on the fly from fakebooks someday. I can play chord changes now, somewhat, but it takes a lot of time for me to make the required changes.

No comments: