Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Piano

Looks like it's time to switch gears and get back seriously into the instrument whose sounds to me are really beautiful: the piano.

Thought of using a new method, but concluded that it's not for me now. Thought of using the Sudnow Method, but I'm not sure that I want to use so many different versions of one chord. Thought of using another method but it seems too demanding.
So to cut to the chase: Going back to the Bill Susman material. Seems appropriately challenging. Might challenge myself to memorize songs or at least memorize chords as I learn songs! I think memorizing chords is crucial to learning....and memorizing songs may help facilitate my learning of getting around the keyboard.

Would be really great to be patient with this, commit to this, and perhaps down the line implement ideas from the piano improvisation book I have... 

However, my experience tells me that when I eventually become frustrated, bored, or both, I switch focus to a different musical instrument (guitar vs. piano). Wouldn't it be great to commit to a long term project?

No comments: