Thursday, September 14, 2017

Stop the Presses

Yes, I will still be focusing my musical learning back on to the piano. But I'm using selections in a few books authored by Mark Harrison. Looking forward to it. I want to give this a try, but I can just hear the negative criticisms getting ready. Will try to plough through them, even if they are there. Going to start this weekend. 
Charity gig coming up this Saturday.
Had some radio music on today. Listened  to some newer music this evening on the radio on apparently one of those radio stations that isn't a very popular, or mainstream one. The music was quite nice....was in a band format and melodic. Listened to some jazz too, which may have been on a different station. I just cannot seem to get into some modern jazz. (By modern jazz, I mean any stuff that might be described as bop, bebop, or similar titles). Rarely does that stuff talk to me. 
I remain a sucker for a melody, whether it be in the body of a song, or an improvisation. Some stuff to me in jazz sounds like just notes. To each his or her own.

No comments: