Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012

Trying to put it together in my first song using Moody's ideas. Started work on the Beatles' "She's Leaving Home." Decisions/struggles to be made or work through include:
1) Just how many melody notes should I voice?
2) Play any notes with just regular chords?
3) Speed of play?
4) Must stay patient.
5) Embellish play or play it straight?

Regarding #4 above, I think the more tunes I play, the more I'll learn how to make cluster changes quickly. Regarding #5, I think I should just learn it straight with little embellishment, since the goal at this point is how to change clusters quickly, and not embellishment, which can come later. Regarding #1, I think I should challenge myself to play as many clustered notes as possible, while trying to sound musical. Regarding #2, for now I think I should just play Moody chords since that's what I'm trying to learn how to do. Regarding #3, I think I need to play at the fastest but most appropriate speed as possible that I can play but as long as what is being played is on time and played without mistakes. That means its going to be pretty slow going for awhile.

1 comment:

violin lessons said...

It is a fact that every thing demand regularity.Piano and other instruments also needs regularity.I want to learn piano.Which method will be best for learning piano?Would you like to define it?