Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19, 2012

Just a minor change of ideas. (This post will make better sense if the reader reads yesterday's post before proceeding). I've decided to make a couple of changes that relate to each other:
1) I'm not going to focus on playing a cluster for just about every note. I do not plan on always using a cluster for every note in my typical play, so why do so now? The only reason to do so would be to get used to changing clusters quickly. However, I think that reasoning is trumped by the rationale that this needs to be enjoyable, musical, relevant to the sounds I am looking for, and more reflective of how I would play a song in a typical playing situation.
2. So I won't be working on "She's Leaving Home" now, but rather a song that I have worked on in the past, and I have some familiarity with what notes sound good with clusters, and what notes might be better left played without an associated cluster: "Misty."

No comments: