Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4, 2012

The new scheme seems to be working. Playing on the fly (or should I say playing on the snail's pace), but I like the scheme so far! Going to take time, but the combination of the Sudnow and Moody ideas seems to be fruitful.

Here's what I'm doing:
1)Memorized Sudnowian options for the major chords that do not have accidentals (except Ab, Bb, and Eb because they seem to be used frequently.
2)Memorized Sudnowian options for minors (none with accidentals).
3)Working on memorizing Moody clusters for all 12 notes.

Thus, for major chords without accidentals (except the 3 noted above) as well as Minor chords without accidentals, I can use Sudnow clusters. For all other notes, I can use Moody clusters.

The idea is interesting, and I must say, the sounds are nice also.

Will just take time to get clusters in my hands quickly.

No comments: