Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not bad!!!!

Worked on "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" tonight, and I must admit that it didn't sound too bad at all. It looks like I'm on to something here with this strategy of mine. My playing isn't as smooth as I would like (an ongoing problem), but hey, I was able to get through the whole song.

Learning that in order for me to use this strategy to its full advantage that I will have to incorporate a certain degree of flexibility. For example, not being too rigid about playing all the notes that I specified in my major and minor rules.

The "Chestnuts" song is a great opportunity to get used to the Eb chord.

Satisfied with where this is going.

Two side notes:

Our band will be playing about an hour set tomorrow night. May get some video for an eventual Facebook page. This gig tomorrow will be out of the ordinary for us in that it will be the debut gig for our new singer who just happens to be a great addition.

Lastly, April 1 will be an interesting musical day for me. I'm getting together with an old high school guitar playing friend to talk about possibly collaborating on song writing. The last time I would have seen him was 32 years ago!! Here's a great tasteful player, and he's the guy who got me into the Rolling Stones.

No comments: