Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This is hard !

Trying to use my Sudnow/Moody system isn't as easy as originally thought! I'm trying to run through some tunes, and it is difficult going!

My fear is that I will end up resorting to what got me in trouble with the Sudnow Method, namely, learning songs but then forgetting them if I don't play them enough. My thought, though, is that by learning a bunch of songs utilizing my hybrid method, the clusters will naturally become engrained (sooner or later) since I am limiting the note choices in each chord.

Difficult stuff trying to integrate (what I thought was) memorized stuff within the context of a song.... A lot easier in theory and in my head than it is in practical application in song playing.

Tempting to toss out the Sudnow part of the equation and focus on just using Moody stuff because I find it's easier to play by ear utilizing the Moody style. However, using just the Moody style sacrifices the less dissonant sounds of the Sudnow Method style.

No comments: