Sunday, March 18, 2012

Time to Create

It's time to create. Spending too much time trying to learn an instrument, for me anyway, possibly has incurred the cost of losing creativity. Sure I can always improve on piano and guitar, and I'm not going to give up learning.

But it's time for the learning to take a "back seat" to the creating. Not bragging, but I certainly know enough about guitar playing to create. And no one ever called John Lennon an expert on piano.

The learning can go on indefinitely, but there's no point in just waiting for some illusory endpoint to be reached when I might say, "I know enough to start creating."

Songwriting. Playing for the fun of it as I simultaneously learn lead guitar. Songwriting using the tools I've already learned on piano.

No more just taking courses after courses to learn things. Time to graduate to the world of music creation using the tools I have already.

No comments: