Friday, January 1, 2016

Mindfulness Week 1; Day 4

Rode the exercise bike for an hour.
Continued to practice piano; going ok. Looking forward to getting some answers when I communicate to the teacher. 

Continued to work on mindfulness meditation even though I was interrupted during it. I do believe that I am feeling some benefits of increased calmness. Worked a little on habit change.

Watched the movie "Living in the Material World" about George Harrison. I don't ever think I'll think of George the same. Wasn't aware that he was somewhat eccentric (or is it that he was just more unafraid of being himself, or more spiritual than what we consider "normal" people?). I always thought that Lennon was the most eccentric Beatle, but George had some of that eccentric genius in him too.

Some interesting quotes by Ravi Shanker. In one, he talked about music being the closest thing to peace and love, but our lives come short to achieving those things.

I loved the film. But I wonder if anyone's life can be made to seem dramatic if it was made into a movie. Nonetheless, I loved the film.

George also said something that hit close to home for me regarding the sitar. He realized he'd never excel on the instrument, and that he interpreted Ravi Shanker's suggestion to go back to his roots to mean go back to the guitar. Well I doubt if I'll ever excel on the piano as I am much more at ease either guitar. 

However, of course I am not George, so I think I'll continue to keep working on being who I am, and right now that means to me to keep working on the piano.

Goodnight, "From Me to You," on this New Year's Day, 2016.

No comments: