Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Big Change of Direction

• The kind of piano I like is ballad style. I feel that the best way for me to play that is using The Sudnow Method or some variation thereof. I just get very frustrated playing chords the traditional way. At least that's where I stand today.
• That being said, I would still like to use the piano method book I've been using in order to learn how to improvise during the changes of those songs.
• In my frustration, I went over to learn more chord melody guitar material. Meh.
• What I have had the most musical fun with includes playing old rock & roll with the band, recording, maybe some acoustic guitar stuff, playing the piano Sudnow style. So maybe I do not have to worry that I am interested in mainly ballad piano playing. I play other types of music in other ways. 

No comments: