Saturday, March 11, 2017

Piano, etc.

Had a fun practice with the band today. I got to sing the Beatles' "Honey Pie" while playing a banjo strung like a guitar. Another one I sung today was "Takin' Care of Business" by BTO. 
Almost thought I was going to have my Les Paul sold, but it looks like the prospective buyer isn't interested. 
Have enjoyed listening to John Fahey lately, and he surely is helping my interest in getting an acoustic guitar.
I continue plugging away on the piano. Practicing chord changes now. It's tough, but perhaps not an insurmountable task. Being in a nice calm frame of mind helps with practice.  Get tempted to combine methods or even go back to a previous method, but I think I'm finding that the best method is playing the piano rather than changing methods!
Chord Melody guitar style still remains in interest, but not enough so to pull my main energies away from piano learning. 
Looks like we'll be getting some snow later this week.

No comments: