Saturday, July 1, 2017

Level 4

Working on Level 4 in the Guitar Improvisation course. I'm not sure what lesson I am up to, but I believe the lesson number I put  in yesterday's post was incorrect. Learning about how to play modal tunes. 

One question that I recently posted on the forum on that site essentially is: how do you know when to change keys in a solo by looking at the chord chart? I really do think that if I can get an answer to that question, it could be really helpful!!! We recently covered a tune, and he stayed in one key throughout the song. However, if I followed the method of a guitar improvisation book I have, I believe the keys would have changed.... Confusing.

Practiced Christmas songs today (for a "Christmas in July" gig that we will be playing), and it went well. Tried some stuff that I learned in my guitar improvisation course, and it fit well.

Still thinking that learning tons of jazz vocabulary might be a key to improvising . . .

No comments: