Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sunday

• Practiced from the material in my guitar improvisation course.
• Struggling with Christianity/Catholicism
• Enjoying reading about Ted Greene's life and his desire to use music in a positive way.
• I agree....I would love to use music to enrich people's lives and help them to be more caring and compassionate. I love how Ted said something about him using reverb to use music that way. I love reverb. I love that sound! Part of me again says I should go back to piano and just play the music that touches my heart: ballads. But I'm in the middle of this guitar stuff. And much more importantly, piano is sadly not that easily learned by me. And possibly even more importantly, I'm not convinced that I want to devote myself to something like the piano that will demand much much more of my patience than the guitar. Even possibly more importantly (!), I went back to the piano some days ago, and I wasn't hooked. We'll see. But for now I'm sticking with doing what I'm doing with the guitar plus chord melody stuff in the near future. 

No comments: