Monday, July 31, 2017

Vacation, Day 3

Started with a long morning walk, then the beach, some reading of the Salinger book, nap time, dinner, and getting ready for bed soon.
The surprise hit of the summer is that I'm enjoying listening to "The Doors" debut album. I did not like Jim Morrison's drift to self-destruction, but I respect and admire him for living as an artist in his songwriting, poetry, as well as his ability to live life on his own terms and rules.
I've lived a lot of my early life according to the terms and rules of significant others, including not having them angry or disappointed in me, so it's natural for me to admire the man. It still is difficult for me to be myself because I'm not sure who "myself" is after a lot of playing the role of peace maker and an affirmation seeker.

No comments: