Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday

A lazy Sunday, but not lazy enough to take a nap. Watched the old TV version of Stephen King's "It." I guess it has something to do with childhood demons that get resurrected. Also, I'm almost embarrassed to say it, watched the movie "Child's Play" which was the first of a number of "Chuckie" the doll movies. 

Started a new book recommended to me by my son who read it: "House of Leaves" by Mark Z Danielewski. It seems to be written in a very nonconventional way. Speaking of my son, we are getting ready to make the trip soon to take him back to college. He transferred from a rural type university to a very urban one. He'll be starting his second year, and he'll be majoring in his dad's major.

Speaking of his dad's major, the person who said the funeral mass for my friend's deceased father, turned out to be the priest who influenced me to choose the profession that I am in.

Continue to read "Seymour An Introduction" by J.D. Salinger. I continue to find myself really liking it. And understanding it, even if I sometimes do not.

New on line Jazz guitar lessons start tomorrow. Should have practiced today but just couldn't harness the motivation.

The Salinger stuff makes me want to write.

No comments: