Saturday, August 5, 2017

Vacation, Day 8

Arrived home safely from vacation with the family. I'm still counting these days as my vacation because I do not return back to work until Tuesday.

I now have a gold badge in my guitar improvisation course as a result of performing a solo to "Blue Bossa" successfully using the elements that my instructor was looking for. During the long ride home from our vacation today, I practiced guitar while my wife drove. I reviewed the two songs that I'm hopefully recording tomorrow: "Summertime," and "Autumn Leaves." Tried learning a new lick, also.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully record my final assignment for the course. I'm planning on recording "Summertime" and "Autumn Leaves." More about that will be in a post here tomorrow....

Also during the ride home, I continued to read "Seymour: An Introduction" by J.D. Salinger. Really great stuff. Interesting to me how it ties in with the first part of the book: "Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters." The book is renewing an old interest I used to have in poetry, and I may revisit that topic.







No comments: