Sunday, August 6, 2017

Vacation, Day 9

A big guitar day. Recorded my two solos for the Final Concert for my guitar improvisation course. 

        Here is "Summertime":

https://youtu.be/PjUVNxeaOys

         Here is "Autumn Leaves":

https://youtu.be/j-E54nkF2xk

I'm pretty satisfied with both, though I do realize that there's a lot from the course that I can still learn from the parts of the course that I haven't used yet.

I like how these two turned out!

It felt great that a listener of my "Autumn Leaves" said it had  "... much from within."

Another person liked my "Summertime" and said it was like, I think, Wes Montgomery's second phase. I'm not sure what that means (maybe it means Montgomery's more commercial phase), but I'll take it!

Tempted to switch gears completely with piano, but there's so much more I can do with guitar: A course on how to play in the style of Charlie Christian, as stated earlier - the current course material, chord melody material I have, and reading music. 





No comments: