Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Practice Post

This is an extremely important post in that it can help me organize my practice of the Silver book. In future posts, I will refer to this post as "The Practice Post." As I am on p. 87 (not that I've done all homework yet as assigned up to this point), I will probably be adding more material to practice as I progress through the book. The posts marked with an asterisk (*) are things I can practice without a guitar in hand.

THINGS TO PRACTICE AND/OR KNOW:

1. Practice playing the shapes one right after the other down the neck.

*2. Remember the stuff on page 10. Chord types / roots. #2 is tricky.

*3. Try to really internalize page 22 as much as possible.

4. Pick keys and play all patterns to it. THIS IS CRITICAL

5. Be able to pick a chord related to the 7 different types (ex: Bbmin7b5), and play it in an arbitrary pattern (ex. Play Bbmim7b5 in pattern 3). Remember that doing this requires the internalizing of p. 22.

*6. Internalize #36, p. 37.

*7. Internalize p. 37 (Keys)

Healthwise, I continue to eat more healthy and I rode the exercise bike for 1/2 hour.  Here are today's results:
Calories burned = 231
Carbs burned = 40.6
Distance = 9.17 miles

No comments: