Saturday, January 31, 2015

Down and Up and Uncertainty

•Did my 1/2 hour on exercise bike; eating wasn't super nutritious today.
•Practiced with the rock band today. Went ok, I guess, but was like going through the motions.
•Wondering what the heck I should be doing music wise. Piano flew in and out of my mind. Not in the mood to do chord melody guitar. My leads in genres other than 50's and some 60's stuff are difficult. Looked through Aebersold's first book and I'm not just sure about that. Used a "pattern chart" that I think uses the pentatonic scale with a song and it didn't sound too horrible. But also did the same with Silver's patterns and that didn't sound too bad either. 
The "pattern chart" seems easier in the short run, but Silver's patterns are also ok. What seems to be helping is using some melody notes during the improvs. Maybe combining Silver's patterns with the  pentatonic scale somehow would be cool. Not sure what to do with regards to improvising. But I better not buy another book :)

No comments: